The Isle of Man's world famous race is brought even closer to the fans, in the 3D documentary that discovers what motives the riders to risk so much every year - in pursuit of ultimate glory.
Evenly tackling the lives of the participants on and off the track - TT3D: Closer to the Edge was always intended to go deeper than a typical sports film, and 3D allowed Director Richard de Aragues an unprecedented method to help transport audiences right into the action.
Chris Parks and his team oversaw an exceptionally challenging shoot that attempted to captured all the thrills an spills along the 37 mile road circuit around the island, in what has been regularly labelled the World's Most Dangerous Race.
Working within the constraints of a British independent documentary feature, the production was shot on digital film camera in stereo - rather than set up as an Outside Broadcast TV shoot. Meticulous planning of camera crews and clever construction of 3D rig solutions to allow rapid movement between locations on the island, in the knowledge that any failure of technology could lead to key real life moments being lost. With riders reaching 200mph at parts of the track, there was no room for 2nd takes!
The film also utilised 3D to capture the more intimate human moments of drama in the build up to the race week, and the emotion that the leading figures endure through the course of the year that is featured.
Read more about TT3D: Closer To The Edge here.
Steve Christian / Marc Samuelson
Richard de Aragues
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros (2017)
- One More Time With Feeling Iconoclast (2017)
- In the Heart of the Sea Warner Bros (2015)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Warner Bros. (2016)
- Pan Warner Bros. (2015)
- Jupiter Ascending Warner Bros (2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros (2014)
- Conquest Of The Skies with David Attenborough Colossus Productions (2014)
- David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive Colossus Productions (2014)
- Gravity Warner Bros (2013)
- Jack the Giant Slayer Warner Bros (2013)
- Inside The Mind of Leonardo IWC Media (2013)
- 3D Olympics BBC Sports (2012)
- Penguins 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2012)
- Mr Stink BBC (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Walt Disney Pictures (2011)
- Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2011)
- TT3D: Closer To The Edge CinemaNX / Isle of Man Film (2011)
- Horrid Henry Novell Entertainment / Vertigo Films (2011)
- Magic Silver II Storm Rosenberg Films (2011)
- Sony: MultiStory Gorgeous (2011)
- KM3D AnOther Magazine (2010)
- The Foundling RSA Films (2010)
- Microsoft Office E+P Commercial (2010)