David Walliams' acclaimed children's novel makes the journey to the screen, in the BBC's Christmas Special that entertainment families in 2012.
And given the film's larger than life characters, and magical themes - it was a perfect choice for one of the BBC's terrestrial 3D broadcasts.
The challenge presented to Matthew Smith and the Vision3 team, was how to maintain the high level of 3D production typical to their work on feature films, within the schedule and budget constraints of a TV special.
Matthew joined the project early in the planning stage, working with the director, production team and camera equipment house to devise an efficient workflow and methodology that ensured an exceptionally quick 3D production solution - even capable of working around the challenges of working with kids and animals!
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros (2017)
- One More Time With Feeling Iconoclast (2017)
- In the Heart of the Sea Warner Bros (2015)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Warner Bros. (2016)
- Pan Warner Bros. (2015)
- Jupiter Ascending Warner Bros (2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros (2014)
- Conquest Of The Skies with David Attenborough Colossus Productions (2014)
- David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive Colossus Productions (2014)
- Gravity Warner Bros (2013)
- Jack the Giant Slayer Warner Bros (2013)
- Inside The Mind of Leonardo IWC Media (2013)
- 3D Olympics BBC Sports (2012)
- Penguins 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2012)
- Mr Stink BBC (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Walt Disney Pictures (2011)
- Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2011)
- TT3D: Closer To The Edge CinemaNX / Isle of Man Film (2011)
- Horrid Henry Novell Entertainment / Vertigo Films (2011)
- Magic Silver II Storm Rosenberg Films (2011)
- Sony: MultiStory Gorgeous (2011)
- KM3D AnOther Magazine (2010)
- The Foundling RSA Films (2010)
- Microsoft Office E+P Commercial (2010)