For their first film in 3D, Lana and Andy Wachowski really wanted to push 3D beyond how it is typically used in film - and match the ambition of their epic space adventure. Used cleverly to depict alien worlds and white knuckle intergalactic chases - 3D in Jupiter Ascending really does expand the Universe.
Chris Parks and the Vision3 team boarded the project very early in preproduction and looked at methods to capture the huge scale of the CGI and VFX, and ways 3D could assist in giving audiences a truly mind blowing sequences.
The Vision3 team worked closely with the VFX department and vendors to ensure that the all of the meticulously created CGI elements could seamless blend with the 3D Conversion Chris had designed and supervised - making the project a true hybrid of 3D techniques.
The final film is a visual spectacle, that takes audiences into exciting new worlds and along for the ride in an edge of your seat blockbuster. The 'Shadow Chase' through the skyscrapers of Chicago is a great example of how 3D captures the Wachowski's signature action style. Whilst the exceptional design and costumes are brilliantly showcased in 3D during some films' more intimate scenes.
Real D created an in depth look at the process of creating Jupiter Ascending in 3D, which you can watch here.
Andy & Lara Wachowski
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros (2017)
- One More Time With Feeling Iconoclast (2017)
- In the Heart of the Sea Warner Bros (2015)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Warner Bros. (2016)
- Pan Warner Bros. (2015)
- Jupiter Ascending Warner Bros (2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros (2014)
- Conquest Of The Skies with David Attenborough Colossus Productions (2014)
- David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive Colossus Productions (2014)
- Gravity Warner Bros (2013)
- Jack the Giant Slayer Warner Bros (2013)
- Inside The Mind of Leonardo IWC Media (2013)
- 3D Olympics BBC Sports (2012)
- Penguins 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2012)
- Mr Stink BBC (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Walt Disney Pictures (2011)
- Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2011)
- TT3D: Closer To The Edge CinemaNX / Isle of Man Film (2011)
- Horrid Henry Novell Entertainment / Vertigo Films (2011)
- Magic Silver II Storm Rosenberg Films (2011)
- Sony: MultiStory Gorgeous (2011)
- KM3D AnOther Magazine (2010)
- The Foundling RSA Films (2010)
- Microsoft Office E+P Commercial (2010)