The classic fairytale is given a modern twist, in the family film from director Bryan Singer.
And 3D is ingeniously applied to give the terrifying giants real scale, using methods of 'miniaturisation' narratively.
Chris Parks, Melissa Byers, Matthew Smith and the Vision3 team set up one of the UK's biggest native 3D shoots to capture the action.
As one of the first tentpole productions to utilise the Red Epic cameras, the shoot became a technical and creative challenge to overcome - and required careful planning to ensure an efficient workflow that needed to react to the film's rapid production schedule.
Chris continued on the project throughout the Post Production process, working closely with the film's VFX to create an exciting family film.
2nd Unit Stereographer
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros (2017)
- One More Time With Feeling Iconoclast (2017)
- In the Heart of the Sea Warner Bros (2015)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Warner Bros. (2016)
- Pan Warner Bros. (2015)
- Jupiter Ascending Warner Bros (2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros (2014)
- Conquest Of The Skies with David Attenborough Colossus Productions (2014)
- David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive Colossus Productions (2014)
- Gravity Warner Bros (2013)
- Jack the Giant Slayer Warner Bros (2013)
- Inside The Mind of Leonardo IWC Media (2013)
- 3D Olympics BBC Sports (2012)
- Penguins 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2012)
- Mr Stink BBC (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Walt Disney Pictures (2011)
- Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2011)
- TT3D: Closer To The Edge CinemaNX / Isle of Man Film (2011)
- Horrid Henry Novell Entertainment / Vertigo Films (2011)
- Magic Silver II Storm Rosenberg Films (2011)
- Sony: MultiStory Gorgeous (2011)
- KM3D AnOther Magazine (2010)
- The Foundling RSA Films (2010)
- Microsoft Office E+P Commercial (2010)