For this epic sci-fi adventure of mankind's last stand against an unrelenting alien invasion, director Doug Liman wanted to use 3D to thrill audiences - without losing the grit and reality of the film's core story.
From the gruelling mech-suit training sequences, through to the visceral battles scenes on the beaches of Normandy, Edge of Tomorrow is firmly planted in reality. And the key ambition when approaching the 3D was to ensure that we took audiences even closer to the action.
Chris Parks and the Vision3 explored methods to design the 3D to capture the fast paced movement and drive of the film, without detracting from Doug Liman's creative approach or the central personal story of Tom Cruise's Private Cage character.
The innovative design of the 3D conversion allowed the film to translate the tangible aspects of the machines of war - whilst bringing the excitement of the fight against alien hordes to a whole new level.
Discover more about Edge of Tomorrow here
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Warner Bros (2017)
- One More Time With Feeling Iconoclast (2017)
- In the Heart of the Sea Warner Bros (2015)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Warner Bros. (2016)
- Pan Warner Bros. (2015)
- Jupiter Ascending Warner Bros (2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros (2014)
- Conquest Of The Skies with David Attenborough Colossus Productions (2014)
- David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive Colossus Productions (2014)
- Gravity Warner Bros (2013)
- Jack the Giant Slayer Warner Bros (2013)
- Inside The Mind of Leonardo IWC Media (2013)
- 3D Olympics BBC Sports (2012)
- Penguins 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2012)
- Mr Stink BBC (2012)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Walt Disney Pictures (2011)
- Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough Atlantic Productions / Sky 3D (2011)
- TT3D: Closer To The Edge CinemaNX / Isle of Man Film (2011)
- Horrid Henry Novell Entertainment / Vertigo Films (2011)
- Magic Silver II Storm Rosenberg Films (2011)
- Sony: MultiStory Gorgeous (2011)
- KM3D AnOther Magazine (2010)
- The Foundling RSA Films (2010)
- Microsoft Office E+P Commercial (2010)